Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome back to work RANT

Well, as many of you know, I was on vacation this last week. I had a blast at the Colorado Renaissance Festival, with huge thanks to Iris & Rose, and Shamus. Then, I return to work.....oh crap!!!!


Well, first thing is, lightning struck the phone lines. Anything that was plugged into the phoneline AND electricity was toast, gone, kaput, dead, history, BURNT UP!! OK, fine. Then I find out that everyday, the receipts and money were all sent to the home office. I figure, "Great, at least I will know the reports are done right." Buah ha ha ha, what a joke. The reports were not only wrong, but done completely out of order. Different days put together on one day, and not all the same dates either. MY GOD, a bookkeepers nightmare!!!!! Now, not only do I have to do last weeks work, I have to figure out what they did, undo it, and figure out how to get copies made of everything I do here because there is no copy/fax machine. (see above where everything is toast.) This morning I also took my truck in to have the windshield replaced. It was defective, looked like it had a bad laminating job done to it. Anyway, they put me in a Pontiac Grand Prix. Not so bad but now instead of going home and continuing my cleaning, yes I got the cleaning bug and need to run with it as long as I can. Those of you who have seen my place understand. But instead of being able to just go home after work, I have to drive BACK to Tyler to take their car back and get my truck, my beautiful, wonderful truck back. Oh, and did I mention that tiles were coming up off of the floor at work and people were just walking on the loose sliding tiles?? OK, so I fixed that, too. OH, I forgot something. I parked my car where I usually park my truck while I was gone. I get home and realize I left the door ajar, for 5 DAYS before my stepfather saw it and bumped the door to close it better. Well, needless to say, dead battery. Then, jump it off, right. Wrong. Car just spins, will not start. Holy crap can this get much better??? WoooHooo, dead car, dead electronics at work, deadbeats who don't know how to do paperwork at the home office, and me having a dead brain after vacation. Well, the good news is that the car did finally start the next day. Had to repressure the fuel lines. Why they lost preassure, I have no idea. So, the gas saver is back on the road. Maybe I should treat myself to good dinner out or maybe even to Marble Slab. Mmmmm And this is only Monday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment