Monday, January 19, 2009

TRF attractions

OK, I know I have told many of you about the things I like most at renaissance festivals, but I just have to say it again. First show I attended this past sat. was Cast in Bronze. Now, I haven't heard him live since Scarby on Memorial Weekend. As I have said many times before, the cd's are great but to hear him live is out of this world. If you have not seen it yet, I have a short video of him on my page. It is only a minute long no matter what the status bar says. I also saw my favorite Wild and Thorny pair, Iris & Rose. They are so much fun. The songs will make you laugh and sing along with them. A stuttering cow?? How funny is that? And then, finally, I saw him, yes him. By him I am referring to the one, the only Christophe the Insultor. OMG, I forgot how funny he is. If you hear a comedian say sh%& and say "Oh, I can't belive he said that" this show is not for you. But if you hear it and say, "This guy is fu*&%ng funny", this is your show. For a fee, he will insult someone for you. You have to see it to appreciate what he does. His warning, about his show, at the beginning of the show is worth it by itself. So, if you find yourself at faire, and you see these names on the program, I do recommend them. Next trip to TRF, first weekend in Nov. I will catch more acts and fill you in on them. Ta ta for now.


 


Donald Kee

No comments:

Post a Comment