Monday, January 19, 2009

Huzzah! The Movie and my friends

OK, I just watched the trailer for Huzzah! The Movie. www.huzzahthemovie.com It is still being shot. It is a documentary style film about why we do what we do. When I say "do what we do", I am speaking of all of my friends who are into renaissance festivals, as I am. Just the trailer put a lump in my throat and made me realize the true friends I have at faire. Yes, I knew that I had some of the best friends in the world there, but I guess this just made me appreciate them even more. They are truly my fairemily. When I am not at faire, I miss them dearly. Iris & Rose, Todd, The whole Warren clan, The families of the Knarly Knot and Wooden Journals, Willow, Mable, Rindi & John, Charles & Lis, The Twins R & E, Liam & Nina, and even Christophe the Insultor when he sneers at me. There are so many to name and I have only scratched the surface. It is like an awards show, where they try to name off every, "I would like to thank Diamond, Buddah, Christy, Robert, Tom, and Shadow..." The list just goes on and on. But you see, I am not thanking these people for an award I received, these people are the award. Thank you, my friends, and here is to many more years of fun and fairemily.

Blessed,Donald Kee

PS- only for those interested in more names:"And a rennie shout out goes to Kim & Lynn, Jenny, James, Shannon, Calamity, Gypsy, Cuthbert, Griffin, Rev, Honest Jim, Sister, Alan H., Jay, Shipwreck & Marcie, Reg." OK, gotta stop, getting choke up. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment